These easy keto tortillas are my new go to on Taco tuesday or when I’m in the mood for a breakfast tortilla. They are so easy and fast to prepare: like 3 minutes in total. Plus, they are low carb ofcourse. Only 2 grams of net carbs per tortilla.
I know there are some keto tortillas out there that are low carb, but I personally don’t like the ingredients in them as they don’t contribute to my health goals. Making them myself gives me so much joy and they taste absolutely delicious!
Tips for making this recipe
These tortillas are so easy to prepare there isn’t much you can do wrong.
In the recipe I use egg white powder. I know not everyone has direct access to this, or is having a difficult time finding it, especially in Europe. I made this recipe once with collagen powder instead and it does just the trick.
So in case you want to replace the egg white powder, you can use the same amount of collagen powder instead.
To spread out the batter into a circle, and scrape it off the plate it goes very easy when you use a spatula. (see video)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk
- 1 tsp egg white powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk unsweetened
- pinch sea salt
- In a small bowl, add the egg and whisk.
- Add the almond flour, ground psyllium husk, egg white powder, almond milk and sea salt.
- Mix everything with a fork until you have a smooth batter.
- Spread the batter out on a plate in a circle and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Remove plate with the tortilla from the microwave. (use gloves, because the plate will be hot)
- Use a spatula to remove the tortilla from the plate.
- Add your favourite tortilla stuffings.