Bread, and in particular bagels was something I knew was going to be really challenging to leave out of my diet when I first started on the ketogenic lifestyle. These bagels made the transition to leave the carbs behind a lot easier. With only 1 gram of net carbs per bagel, you can enjoy having bagels and stay in ketosis!
I like to eat these bagels with a beef burger and use them as a substitute for a burger bun. You can also eat them cream cheese, smoked salmon, pesto and tomato. That makes an easy keto friendly lunch on the go.
DAIRY FREE KETO BAGELS
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Piping bag/ ziplock bag
- 2 bowls
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour Blanched
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbs Psyllium Husk
- 1 Egg whole
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 cup Warm Water no boiling
- Sesame Seeds to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients.
- Add the psyllium husk, egg, egg whites and water to the mix.
- Put the batter in a piping bag (or freezer bag) and cut off the tip.
- Pipe out the batter in circles on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the bagels.
- Bake the bagels in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bagels from the oven and let them fully cool before eating.