I made this dairy free chocolate pudding last week for our Sunday treat and it tasted absolutely amazing! It’s super easy to prepare: no cooking involved, and tastes delicious! One serving has 6.5 grams of net carbs.
Tips for making this recipe
In this recipe I use coconut cream, not milk. Because coconut cream has a thicker texture than milk. I added in some xanthan gum to the coconut cream as a thickener, it gives it that nice pudding-y texture once refrigerated. Even though this recipe is made with coconut, it doesn’t really tastes like coconut in my opinion.
This recipe is dairy free, but if you absolutely don’t like coconut, you can turn this recipe into chocolate mousse by simply replacing the coconut cream with unsweetened heavy cream and leave out the xanthan gum and add in all the other listed ingredients. Preparing it as described in the recipe.
Once you prepared this recipe you can eat it right away, or refrigerate it for a couple of hours. The longer you refrigerate is the less liquid this pudding will be and will harden into a nice thick pudding.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut cream and xanthan gum. Mix with an electrical mixer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the raw cacao powder, erythritol, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Mix for another 3 minutes until you have a smooth thick consistency.
- Transfer the mixture into ramekins and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Optional you can finish them off with some grated coconut.
*This post contains affiliate links, which helps support keeping this content free.