These ketogenic tuna patties are so delicious and so easy to prepare. This simple dish is ideal for a quick bite or to serve to children. My 3 year old daughter adored these tuna burgers.
Tuna is high in omega-3 fatty acids, helping to reduce the inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids in the body.
You can easily combine this tuna burger with a raw salad or keto friendly warm vegetables.
I love eating these with a salad and cocktail sauce. Cocktail sauce is easy to make yourself:
Mix the following ingredients together:
1 cup of Mayonnaise
2 teaspoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon mustard
some salt and pepper for extra flavor.
This way you avoid the sugars and unhealthy ingredients that are often added to the cocktail sauces that you can buy in the supermarket.
- 20 oz Tuna drained
- 3 Tbs Mayonaise
- 1 Tsp Mustard
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 cloves Garlic chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp Dried parsley
- 1 Tbs Ghee Or other cooking fat
- In a large bowl, add all of the listed ingredients (except the ghee) and mix everything together. ⠀
- Form 6 even balls from the mixture. ⠀
- After melting the ghee, place the balls on a baking tray or in a pan and flatten them with a spatula so that they turn into round patties. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat. ⠀
- Carefully flip them over and cook the other side until golden brown. ⠀
- Serve with a salad and some cocktail sauce.
Tip: You can also keep the uncooked tuna burgers in the freezer, so you always have something available for when you don’t feel like cooking a lot.