It’s almost easter! That means it’s time for easter eggs. Regular easter eggs are not suitable for a healthy ketogenic lifestyle because of the sugar content and the bad oils that are often used in making them. But there’s no need to worry on feeling deprived because I have the perfect easter treat for you. Keto friendly coconut easter egg pops!
This recipe is based on the keto bounty balls I shared before, which are delicious. I made some changes in the recipe to make them a bit more moist and bring up that easter vibe.
They are perfect for when you are on keto with the whole family and want to include them in the easter egg hunt. Since they are on skewers, you can easily pin them into the grass or a flower pot for your kiddos to find them. A fun and keto friendly eater guaranteed!
- Skewer sticks
- 1 bowl
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp Coconut Cream
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Erythritol (granulated)
- 2 tbsp MCT oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients (except for the chocolate) and mix until you have a ‘dough’.⠀
- Shape the coconut dough into egg shapes and place them onto a plate.
- Let them rest in the freezer for about 30 minutes (this will make sure the eggs are hard, and wont fall apart once you cover them with chocolate).⠀
- Take the eggs out of the freezer and melt the chocolate in a double boiler (which is a large pot filled with water and another smaller pot inside filled with the chocolate).⠀
- Push a skewer stick into the eggs and cover them in chocolate. Place them in a can up straight, or flat onto a parchment paper.
- Place in the fridge for 10 minutes before eating.