I’m a big fan of easy simple recipes, and this is one of them. With only 6 ingredients, you can prepare this delicious dish with a minimum amount of effort or cooking skills! This recipe is so easy to prepare and perfect to have a keto friendly family dinner. There is also a dairy free option you can use to make this, so make sure to read my tips on this.
Tips for making this recipe
This recipe is pretty straightforward. I recently made a reel for this recipe on my instagram account where you can see how easy it actually is to prepare this.
If you want make this recipe dairy free, you can replace the cream cheese with a cashew nut butter. I like to use the one from Nutty Bay. (These are only available in Belgium right now, but I’m sure you’ll find something similar if you take a look around in your natural health store or grocery store.)
For the dairy free version I also spread some cashew nut butter on top of the chicken and top it off with 1/4 cup almond flour to get a bit of a golden brown ‘crust’. It’s more of a look of a crust. If you’d like more of a crunchy crust, you can also use some pork rinds to sprinkle on top, to replace the shredded mozzarella.
You eat this chicken recipe on it’s own, or you can combine it with some leafy green vegetables or your favourite cruciferous veggies. Whichever suits into your daily macro count.
- 4 Chicken filets
- 1 cup Cream cheese
- 5 tsp Pesto
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups Shredded mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Start by cutting the chicken filets in half, but not completely so you can still close them once you fill them up. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, add the cream cheese and pesto. Mix until smooth.
- Take the chicken filets and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Fill up the chicken filets with the cream cheese and pesto mixture and close them.
- Place the stuffed chicken filets in a large oven dish and add the shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
Have you tried this recipe? I’d love to hear what you think! Please leave a comment below with your thoughts or experience.