If there’s one thing you’re missing on your ketogenic diet it’s probably bread. This recipe is the perfect keto friendly substitute. It’s pretty easy to make and there’s no kneading involved. You’ll have a nice fresh loaf of bread within an hour. 1 slice only contains 2 grams of net carbs and fits perfectly into a ketogenic diet.
And also, it makes to house smell pretty darn great!
Does it taste exactly the same as bread? Unfortunately, no.
But this bread is also nice and soft on the inside and tastes pretty great! I love to combine it with some bolognese sauce, some mozzarella and dried parsley on top. Place in a preheated oven at 400 F for 8 minutes and you have these beauties!
You can combine this bread with almost anything you would normally combine bread with. Feel free to experiment!
Tips for making this bread
This bread is the easiest thing to make, really. You will need a foodprocessor to make this. But if you don’t have a foodprocessor you can still make this bread. You will just have to replace the whole nuts (the almonds and hazelnuts) with nut flour. You can use 1/4 cup of almond flour and 1/4 cup hazelnut flour as replacement.
- Food Processor
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup Ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 2 tbs Coconut flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Brown erythritol (white is fine too)
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Coconut oil melted
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line out a parchment paper in a bread loaf pan
- Add the almonds and hazelnuts to a foodprocessor and pulse until the nuts are broken.
- Add in the pumpkinseeds, ground flax, sesame seeds, almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and salt and erythritol. Mix everything for around 1 minute in the foodprocessor.
- In a separate bowl add the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and eggs. Mix everything with a whisk and then add it to the foodprocessor. Mix everything together until you have a ‘dough’. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to the loaf pan, sprinkle some more sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, ground flax (and optional some pine nuts) on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes.
1 slice of this bread comes down to 2 grams of net carbs.