Are you missing your pasta on the ketogenic diet? Then I have the perfect keto friendly replacement for you: Shirataki noodles!
Shirataki noodles are made from the Japanese konjac yam (aka Devil’s tongue or elephant yam), which is a fibrous root tuber and is almost zero carbs! Glucomannan is the starch extracted from the kojac yam which is formed into noodles.
Shirataki noodles are typically thin, translucent and gelatinous. They are also known as miracle noodles. There are different kinds of noodles such as angel hair, fettuccini, linguini and they even exist in rice form! You can find them in grocery stores, natural health stores or even online.
The best thing about these noodles is that they are so easy to prepare. They usually come in a bag and all you need to do is rinse them with water and they are ready to eat! Perfect for a fast and easy meal. This shrimp recipe can be made in under 15 minutes!
- 2 bags Shirrataki Fettucini
- 17 oz. Fresh Shrimp
- 1 tbs Butter (or other cooking oil)
- 1 Onion (cut in pieces)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce (or pasata)
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream (unsweetened)
- Sea Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley
- In a large non sticking pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Glaze the onion and minced garlic. Stir for one minute
- Add the shrimp and the spices, stir for another minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and the heavy cream and let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- In the meantime, rinse the shirataki fettuccini with hot water in a strainer. And place them on a plate, add the sauce on top and sprinkle some dried parsley to garnish.