Bring Greece onto your table with this easy and keto friendly tzatizki sauce! This recipe is so easy and fast to prepare, you’ll just need 7 ingredients, and you’ll have yourself a delicious and creamy tzatziki sauce!
I love to use this sauce as a dressing on my salad, as a side with some souvlaki or chicken, or you can just spread in onto a bagel or bread, put some smoked salmon and salad on top, and you have yourself a delicious meal!
Tips to make this recipe
I begin by grating the half of a medium sized cucumber into a cheese cloth. If you don’t have a cheese cloth, you can also use a dish towel.
To combine the tzatziki sauce I bought the souvlaki ready to cook at the farmer. You can also make them from scratch. I’m planning to post a recipe in the future on how to do this later. So make sure you subscribe to my newsletter to not miss out on further recipes.
For now, let’s focus on this delicious tzatziki sauce.
- cheese cloth (or dish towel)
- Large bowl
- 1/2 medium sized cucumber
- 2 cups full fat greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- pinch sea salt
- Start by grating the cucumber onto a cheese cloth.
- Squeeze out all the water from the cucumber with the help of the cheese cloth.
- In a large bowl, add the greek yoghurt, olive oil, dill, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Mix everything together and add the squeezed out grated cucumber to the mixture until smooth you have a smooth mixture.
The tzatziki sauce in a dish
I recently combined this sauce with souvlaki, which I bought ready to cook from the farmer as mentioned before. The best way to prepare these so that they are nice and tender is to first fry them over a high heat in a pan with some olive oil, until they start to brown.
Then place them on a grill plate and bake them in the oven at 375 F for 10-15 minutes. Combine with some arugula salad, some cherry tomatoes, red onion and feta cheese. So tasty and low in carbs.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know what you think by leaving me a comment!